Toastmaster Competent Communicator Project 3 Notes
- What is social media?
- Wikipedia: Web based technologies that are scalable to socially interact with one another. [Paraphrased]
- Twitter, Facebook, Friendster (???), Foursquare (church?)
- Many many other tools.
- Update fatigue. Check in fatigue.
- Too many things to keep updated, and certain people only choose certain services. Example before social media was MSN vs Yahoo vs ICQ. Had to have THREE accounts, and still do, to communicate with them. Solved with certain tools.
- Privacy issues.
- Marketing people mine these services and have another avenue to spam, not just e-mail but in social media too.
- Foursquare & Twitter location. Lets the whole world know where you exactly are at any time! What for?
- Those who do not have access to the internet.
- Isolated areas. Real life social interaction unites.
- Make your own website services.
- Created websites all look the same, not much creativitiy if at all.
- Blogging. Legal implications. Sedition. Rumour mongering.
- Communications in person is hindered.
- Non personal.
- When met in real life they are shy or keep quiet. Like me.
- Certain friends can turn bad and use these to rob. Pleaserobme.com
- Social media only complements real life interaction. It is still just a tool.
- Location based used to only start events or LEGAL gatherings/meetings.
- Not meant to take over one’s life or be a marketing thing. It is a bane if taken to do so.